01 October 2010

They Paved Paradise

September 10, 2010:
BYU has got a lot of construction going on right now: by the McKay, the Clyde, and now across from the Bean Museum. Everyday I walk passed the construction next to the Bean Museum. BYU is building new dorms for Freshmen. That's a good thing, right? Well, on this particular day, I was minding my own business when I witnessed this heartbreak:


You may not be able to see it very well, but that machine tore down a tree. A TREE. How is that okay? I watch BYU grounds crew plant, uproot, and re-plant flowers all over campus but they'll kill a tree? Not okay with me. At all.

1 comment:

JONESIES said...

Your so funny! But I totally know how you feel. When I lived in Flagstaff they tore down a whole hill worth of trees to build a hotel and I was so sad! I felt silly but really it was so sad to see!