I am leaving for London soon. I'm going with my mom and youngest sister, Katie. We'll be gone for a week and I'm so excited and nervous all at the same time. I don't know why I'm feeling so nervous, I mean, I LIVED in London for a month. I should be just plain ol' excited. And I am. But the closer we get, the most things I have to get done and I'm just freaking out! I have two papers to finish for my copyright law class and I have to get the house clean before I head out.
Things I have already done:
1) Haircut! Well, more like a trim. The back of my hair ALWAYS grows faster than the front and I wanted my hair to be a bit more even. My hairstylist took about an inch off the back but barely touched the front.
2) Bought TSA friendly toiletries. I don't like to be gross and we are taking a straight flight from L.A. to London. I demand to carry a toothbrush, face wipes, and deodorant on the plane.
3) Passport is all set to go!
4) I've basically finished planning the study abroad for this summer. With the help of this year's in-country facilitator (a student going on the program) and my lifesaver in the BYU Study Abroad office, we have almost everything done! Phew. I'm relieved because if it wasn't done I'd be worrying about it the whole time.
5) I took the time to visit the Provo temple today. It's been far too long since I've been and I am so glad I went.
Things to finish:
1) Case study (3page paper about the Rowling v. RDR Book case)
2) Memo (2pgs about something; I haven't checked yet.)
3) Laundry so I have cute and clean clothes to wear on the trip.
4) PACK. I want to take the smallest suitcase I can, maybe even a carry-on. I really think I can do it!
5) Choir - I have not done my memorization assignment for this week. Yikes.
6) Work - we are having a conference on campus for the Office Professionals which means I get to go listen to awesome speakers and tour the BYU Broadcasting building and get paid for it :) Today Kenneth Cope came and sang some of his songs. Look him up. One song was called (I think) "With His Name". So beautiful.
7) CLEAN. We thought we would paint last week so we moved all the stuff from William's room/closet into the hallway and our room. But painting will have to wait but all the stuff has stayed in the hallway and our room. In fact, the past week Tyson and I have been sleeping on our air mattress in the front room. And to be totally honest, that air mattress is more comfy than our regular bed. I wouldn't mind sleeping on that air mattress permanently. In any case, our room is a disaster and that needs to change.
My plan is to finish my case study research and outline tonight and then tomorrow I will write it up and do the 2pg memo. Then on Friday I will clean clean clean clean until I pass out. I can do it!
I have these to look forward to when I get to L.A: http://www.vans.com/microsites/classics/thebeatlesyellowsubmarine/index.php
Which ones should I pick? I'm kind of leaning towards the "All You Need Is Love" pair. We shall see when I try them on in person :)