03 November 2014

A Bucket List

A friend of mine gave birth to twins recently and I finally got around to reading their birth story on her blog. Reading about it really helped me to remember that rush of love I felt when William was born. I went back and read his birth story and while a lot of it was unpleasant the end result was worth it.
As I'm nearing my third trimester (I'm currently at 26 weeks) I'm starting to feel a looming panic. Luckily it's been easy to push away thanks to church activities, Halloween, and now Thanksgiving and Christmas will help me until the end of December. But then suddenly it'll be January, I'll be taking three classes and I'll only have one month until the baby's due date. I feel like I have so much to accomplish before he comes which makes February feel so far away. But then I think "There's only 51 days until Christmas" and "There's only 95 days left until the due date" and I freak out a bit. Okay, a lot.
The good news is that before January I'll have lots of positive things to do with Tyson and William to keep me from freaking out too much. We're taking a trip to visit my mom's family for Thanksgiving and I cannot WAIT. The ladies at my work are throwing a joint baby shower for a professor who is also expecting a boy and for me. Then, December. And we all know how busy December is with parties and holiday traditions and merry-making.
In order to get the most out of my 95 days, I've made a little bucket list. Maybe to-do list is a better term.

Before Baby Boy Remy #2 Gets Here
1. Get the office put together so we have a designated work space.
2. Replace all the doorknobs in the house so we stop getting locked out of our rooms.
3. Get the boys' room organized.
4. Pull out all of William's old infant clothes, wash them, and sort them so I know what I actually need. I might have to start over since this baby is coming in the dead of Winter, not the end of Summer like William.
5. Make sure to do lots of fun activities with William including taking him to Temple Square to see the lights.
6. Also, get William potty-trained.
7. Go to the temple at least twice.
8. Make baby blankets for the new baby. (I already have the fabric!)
9. Get the master bedroom organized and set-up for the baby (including getting a small nightstand, setting up the bassinet, and getting all my night-time feeding supplies set-up).
10. Keep working with William to understand the concept of a new baby. He already knows he's going to have a little brother and he knows that little brother is currently in my tummy. We're getting him some "big brother" books for Christmas and I am considering getting him a little doll or something to practice holding and being gentle.

Not a super exciting list to be sure. But there you have it.

No comments: