25 February 2010

Madam Pomfrey and the Sickie

This has been quite the interesting week. Before I get into what's been shakin', I'd like to express my deepest regrets for not writing the past month. FAIL. Tyson and I have been able to get a lot done for the wedding and we even took a trip to California over Valentine's weekend to visit my family.
But this post is about a new experience I've had this week: taking care of a sickie. I've never had to take care of anyone else but just myself. Then Tyson decided to contract some rare strand of the flu that nobody gets and the doctors can't treat. He'll just have to wait it out. Easy for them to say. They're not the ones who have to use a nebulizer, struggle to keep food down, and be in constant pain. Just wait it out. Psh.
Tyson's been a real sport about the whole thing. I'm convinced that he's going to die judging from the way he coughs, but Tyson says that I'm blowing things out of proportion. Mornings are the worst. Especially when he can't sleep. And it sucks that we're only engaged and not married because 1) the doctor can't give me any information and 2) I have to leave at midnight every night. I would feel loads better if I could just stay overnight and make sure he keeps breathing. That is my biggest concern: hack up a lung, stop breathing...fin. See? Pretty dismal outlook.
The good news is that I'm not missing too much school and all my professors are very understanding. Most of Tyson's professors are being helpful but his math professor isn't going to accept any of Tyson's late work (Boo! Hiss!)
Mostly I wish I were Madam Pomfrey (of the Harry Potter fame) so that I could magic Tyson back to health. Masel tov!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Poor Tyson. Poor Neesie. Hope things improve soon. And tell Tyson that when he gets feeling even a little better, he should hobble into his math teacher and kick him/her feebly in the shins.

Hugs.