19 March 2010

The Early Bird Gets an Extra Shift at Work

I am not a morning person. Ever. If you know me at all, you know that I don't do classes before 9 a.m. and I really struggled to be at work by 8 a.m. everyday the last few semesters. This semester has been glorious in terms of my sleeping schedule: class at 10 a.m., work at 11 a.m. everyday. Woot! Today, I decided to cover a morning shift for one of my co-workers. So, what time did I get up? 6 a.m. I showered, made chocolate chip waffles for my roommates and myself, and then got to work by 7:30. Not bad, huh? True, I'm really tired and I have a ridiculously long day ahead of me but it's okay! I get to see my mom, my aunts, and my cousin this afternoon. I also get to meet my Step-Grandma this afternoon. Step-Grandma. That sounds so strange. But I've heard that she's a lovely person and makes my Grandpa happy so I'm sure I'll love her. In other news, today, Tyson and I have been engaged for two months! Only four more to go! Sigh...that's forever. It's alright though. Tonight we're going to BYU's White Tie Ball and I'm excited to get all gussied up and go dancing with him. I love to dance with Tyson. I love to do lots of things with him. But dancing is something that is super fun and we both love to do it. We're going to be 80 and still swing dancing and all the young whipper-snappers will look at us and think "Aww, cute! I want to be like that when I'm 80!" Or, at least, that's what I thought when I saw cute old people at the dances. Precious! Anyhow, happy Friday!

No comments: