26 June 2010

Wedding Song

After a lot of time, discussion, frustration, and laughter, Tyson and I successfully created a sample playlist for our DJ to play at our wedding reception. We really wanted to keep the songs in a similar style: casual swing. One day as we were driving to Provo from Ogden, a song from a movie we had recently watched started to play. I LOVED IT and voted for it as our "first dance" song. It took Tyson a few days to remember the song, re-listen to the words a bunch, and finally decide that he really liked it too. So, without further ado, here is a link to our "first dance" song: What If I Loved You by Joey Gian.
We also picked the "bride&father/groom&mother" song. That one was really tricky. We had to google ideas and most of them were country songs. Now, if you know me at all, you know that country is NOT going to work. NEVER. Some of the songs were really strange but finally we found a few good choices. I decided I should get my dad's input (since he is really good at having an opinion and sharing it) so I called him up, gave him two choices, and he gave the final word: James Taylor's How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You).
We really like these songs and I'm glad we picked a "bride&father/groom&mother" song that my dad can't dance like a fool to. Hopefully. He'll probably still find a way.

No comments: