30 January 2015

39 Weeks: Pasmo?

Did you know it is totally possible for a pregnant woman's cervix to re-contract? Undilate? I don't know what the term is for that but I am back to where I was at 37 weeks. According to some lady on the internet (so it must be true) there is a term for stopped contractions, cervix re-dilation, or whatever, in Spanish: pasmo. Here's the article: http://inamay.com/going-backwards-the-concept-of-pasmo/
It was a pretty interesting read but I haven't found any recent, hard science to back it up. Considering what's going on in my life though, this isn't really that surprising.
Here I am, yesterday:


At my appointment this morning, my doc told me I'm back at 1 cm and I'm still just 50% effaced.
In the car today I was talking to Tyson about this and he speculated it's because I'm too stressed and that I need to relaxed. I laughed at him.
So, what's been going on in my life? I'm fighting the cold that never ends, I'm doing three master's classes, and our house is under construction and (since Wednesday) it's being painted so the house is smelly. 
Today has been the worst, though. I got William ready for preschool, the painters arrived at 8am sharp 'cause they're awesome like that, then I showered and got ready for my doctor's appointment. I exited my room at 9:10am and the painters were upstairs, wrapping my living room in plastic! Tyson and I had smooshed all the living room/kitchen stuff into the middle of those rooms on Wednesday. We had been told that the painters wouldn't get to the upstairs until Friday (today) afternoon at the earliest.
When I got home from my appointment at 10:30am, I met with our contractor to review paint colors for the upstairs rooms and then Tyson and I got to work. We had 1.5 hours until William got home from preschool to get William's room, our room, the laundry room, two bathrooms, and the office/dump room ready for painting. We emptied every closet, emptied and moved three bookshelves full of books and games, put all our hung-up clothing in one of our cars (for protection), and got all the artwork/surround sound system off the walls. We didn't finish before William got home but we did finish by 1:30pm. Before we finished the painters were already upstairs taping off doorways, the doorbell, and lightswitches. They even started doing some of the edging in our main hallway and entryway! 
Note: I'm taking lots of pictures which I will post on Facebook after the painting is all over. I will post a link here when that happens.
I was secretly/not-so-secretly hoping that all that moving would get my contractions going again, but nothing is happening.
We're out of the house for the weekend since the painters are also working on Saturday to get the whole upstairs done! I really hope they will finish everything because I'm only got 7 days until my due date and all my "nesting" and organizing prep-work just got thrown out the window. Yikes!
The good news about baby not being here yet is that I have more time to do schoolwork, more time to recover from my cold, the whole house will be painted, and my mom will be fully recovered from her bout of pneumonia so she'll be allowed to come see us in maybe a week or so. If I can keep baby in until his due date, my dad and youngest sister might even be able to come up for a long weekend to meet Baby Remy #2! 
The other good thing is that we are using this extra time to try and pick a name. As it stands, we have one favorite which would cause familial strife and four or five backup names. I'm not super attached to any of the backups and I'm trying my best not to be attached to our favorite.
We are out of the house for the weekend since there is no safe place there from the fumes. I'm looking forward to spending lots of time on my homework and trying my best to relax. Wish me luck!

No comments: