30 January 2015

Baby Blankets!

Many months ago I went to JoAnn's and bought a bunch of fabric with the intention of sewing baby blankets for Baby Remy #2. Baby blankets are the one thing I know how to sew so I thought I'd try being domestic. I sewed two in November for a professor at my work who had her baby in December and sewed two at the same time for my baby but that left five to go.
Life happened and I never got around to it. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law saved the day by sewing the rest of the blankets plus a few more!
Here are the blankets from my mother- and sister-in-law:

Aren't those so cute?! I especially love the stitching on the monkey blanket. It looks like little bananas! And plaid? Does Tyson's fam know me or what?
And here are the blankets with the fabric I had picked out:

You might not think a baby needs this many blankets but I use them for just about everything: nursing cover, diaper changing area, burp cloth, spill cleaner, play mat, etc. They are washable, adorable, and I love them all. But especially the science one. I showed that fabric to Tyson and now he wants one in his size :)

No comments: