21 January 2015

37 Weeks

Friday was my 37 week mark which means baby can come whenever he wants. At my appointment on Friday I was 1.5cm dilated and 50% effaced. When my doc told me I was SHOCKED. At this point with William I was not dilated at all but 80% effaced. At 41 weeks with William I was the same. Seriously. I checked into the hospital and the nurse asked me if I was having any contractions. Nope. She told me I probably just didn't know I was having them and then hooked me up to the machine that can "see" your contractions. "Wow. You're not having ANY contractions." Thanks. I know.
Today I am 37 weeks and 5 days and I think I might be having some light contractions. Mostly it feels like period cramps or back cramps. To make sure, I'm drinking a ton of water. Doc says that dehydration can lead to pre-term labor. William and I are going to the Orem Heritage Museum today with the scouts. Maybe the extra walking will get things going for real. Construction is still going on at the house and our dog can't be downstairs when the guys are here because she just sits there and barks. This means I have to put her outside (where she'll bark at the neighbors) or in the laundry room since she can weasel her way under the railing on the stairs. Well the guys left the downstairs door OPEN, Maggie ran downstairs before I could catch her (Hello, I'm slow) and she ran outside. Sans collar. I got William dressed (we prefer him in less clothes because of potty training) and in his "backpack" (harness) and we headed out. Luckily Maggie was just across the street.
I still have not packed a hospital bag or William's overnight bag. Laundry is almost done though so I WILL do that today. I'm really trying to jam on this week's homework. I've only got a few things left to do and I'd rather not be trying to do homework in the hospital. The bag seems less important than my homework. Tyson could always come back and get me things but he can't do my homework for me.
In non-pregnancy news, Tyson got a raise at work! I'm so proud of him. And it's perfect timing since I'll be off work for a while. William is going to start going to preschool three days a week instead of just two. The adaptive P.E. teacher only comes on Tuesdays and Thursdays but William goes Wednesdays and Fridays. Since he broke his leg, he hasn't been quite as coordinated. In fact, sometimes he'll walk like a cowboy. Or sometimes he won't bend his ankle when he walks. His teacher wanted to add a third day of preschool so he could have adaptive P.E. Sounds great to us! William's speech is doing so much better since he started school. He loves going to "class" on the bus and it's so cute to have him tell me all the things he's done every time he goes.
I'm not sure if this is a speech thing or just a normal development thing, but William's memory and recall is really amazing. He tells me all the time about he went with his grandma to the zoo and Legoland and saw whales. Those things all happened the week after Christmas and he's STILL talking about them! I love it. Also, William went to Sunbeams (Sunday school for 3-year-olds) for the first time in our ward this week. He was sad not to go to Nursery (18months to 3 years) but I checked on him during second hour while he was in class and he was participating and doing so well! My neighbor told me that he was super cute during Primary. I didn't get a chance to ask her what he did but I'm glad he wasn't a sad or crazy kid.
So, there you have it. Tyson got a raise. William is still fantastic. And Baby Remy #2 could be making an appearance sooner than we thought. Happy Wednesday!

No comments: