19 November 2008

Happy Birthday Mom

Yesterday was my mother's birthday and I would just like to take a moment to express my deep love and appreciation for her. The longer I live away from home the more I appreciate the little things she still does for me even when I'm a few states away (like buying me ten packages of Ikea napkins for my birthday because she remembers how cool I've always thought they are). I love that I can call her and from California she can make things here in Utah seem a little more manageable. My mother is the most selfless, wonderful person I know, and I admire her for her unwavering dedication to the Gospel, her callings and our family. My mother is always thinking of others. For my mother's birthday I got a package from her with a beautiful necklace inside and pictures of my siblings.

She is my role model.

Thank you for everything you have ever done for me. Thank you for your continued support. Thank you for pushing me to follow my dreams and continually reminding me of the things that matter the most to me.

I love you Mom. Happy Birthday.

1 comment:

Laura said...

That's a nice tribute, Denise. Your mom is pretty remarkable.