30 November 2009

Dear Santa

Last night I wrote up my Christmas wish-list to send to Santa via e-mail. As I was sitting on my couch, I had an awfully hard time coming up with anything to want for Christmas. I had an incredible year and feel truly blessed: I was able to study in Great Britain for six weeks! That had been a life-goal of mine (#2 to be exact) since I was 10 years old. How many people get to check off life-goal #2 before they are 21. Not many, I'm sure. It was a life-changing experience and I feel like I've been blessed with so much that I honestly don't need anything for Christmas. Knowing that this list also helps out my siblings, I thought I should come up with some "STUFF" that would make me giggle and smile.

Christmas Wish-List
  • Howl's Moving Castle -DVD
  • Glee Soundtracks Vol. 1 & 2
  • IKEA Napkins and Napkin holder
  • Waffle Iron
  • Season pass to Hale Center Theater in Orem

Santa tends to give some repeat stocking stuffers every year so I had included a B&N gift card on my list knowing I would most likely be getting one anyway. Besides, I have a whole list of books I would LOVE to add to my personal library so a gift card seemed like a more efficient way to say "For Christmas I'd like to increase my vocabulary, expand my mind, and add to my personal library by buying books." I'm a sucker for IKEA napkins. If you don't know what I'm talking about, check it out here. Aren't they amazing? I love them, a lot. For my 20th birthday, my mom gave me about a dozen packs. Best birthday gift EVER! I also have included on my list a season pass to Hale Center Theater in Orem. Their 2010 season is going to be incredible! I'm a theater nut and have been dying to see more shows lately. How could this gift be bad? It's culture! If you would like to see their 2010 season, click here. You may notice that "110 in the Shade" will be playing, starring Audra McDonald. Let me be clear: AUDRA MCDONALD IS COMING TO OREM!! She is a Broadway star and she's amazing. AMAZING!!!

So, that's what I would like for Christmas. Culture, books, and IKEA Napkins. Happy Christmas!

No comments: