11 November 2009

Rapunzel, Rapunzel...

I am a huge fan of haircuts. I was a regular at my local Fantastic Sam's. While it may be true that healthy hair needs to be trimmed every six weeks, I have decided to let my hair grow out. It all started in May when a friend asked me to grow my hair out. Not getting haircuts was easy for a while, mostly because I was in Europe all summer, but it has definitely been a challenge sometimes. I hate the awkward middle phase of growing your hair out where your hair is just long enough to touch your collar but not long enough to go into a successful pony-tail without an excessive number of bobby-pins. So, here is a smattering of photos from this year to show my hair's progression.

This is from Christmas Eve 2008.

This one is from May 2009.

This one is from July 2009 while I was on my Study Abroad. This pic was taken in Ireland.

This photo was taken in August 2009 at the end of my Study Abroad program. Here I am sitting on the bus, listening to my iPod, being bored. This happened a lot.

This one was taken October 2009 before I went to see the King's Singers in concert. Look how long my hair is compared to the first pic! AH! I love it!
So, there you have it. A collage of increasing hair-length. I am hoping to keep growing out my hair until it is down past my shoulders. My dad told me that he likes my hair short but it's been short FOREVER! I needed a change. And a challenge. Take that hair! BAM!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Your dad is a wise man. Listen to him. Of course, I might be biased, but still . . . .