05 April 2011

Primary Songs

I have finally picked a new year's resolution. Better late than never, right?
In this the year of our Lord, 2011, I resolve to learn to play every Primary song on the piano well enough that I could sub in Primary and play any song without a hitch. This resolution includes practicing the songs until I can play them perfectly at least twice.
Why did I choose this? I'm going to have a baby! My son will grow up and go to Primary and I want him to be familiar with the songs. I thought about doing this with the hymns but, let's face it, the Primary songs are a tad bit easier and sorta more fun to play. Maybe I'll do hymns next year! I've wanted to learn to play all the church songs since I was in high school and now I feel motivated to do so. I started right at the beginning and I'm about twenty pages into the first section. Huzzah!

2 comments:

JONESIES said...

sweet! now you can have the best calling in the church that i'll never have :-)

Muffy said...

That's definitely an awesome goal! Go for the gold! :D