10 April 2011

Song Today

Today I sang a solo in church. I sang "His Hands" and my friend signed it in ASL. I had practiced that song for months and even practiced singing at the pulpit. Today there was a baby blessing so four full rows of extra people showed up plus more family of the speakers. I was so nervous. It didn't help that I had hardly slept and was feeling shaky anyway.
Needless to say, it did not go as well as I had wanted. I could barely support the notes and had to cut notes short because I kept running out of air. Luckily, I got all the words in. Luckily, Steph was there signing which HOPEFULLY distracted people. 
The good thing is that people felt the Spirit. I could see it on their faces; some people even teared up a bit. So even though I didn't perform as well as I wanted, my ultimate goal was met perfectly. I tried my very best to sing my testimony of the Savior and I hope people remember how they felt, not how I sang. I know there are some people who will only remember how breathy I sounded but I also know that some people were touched by the Spirit as I sang about the Savior's life, death, and how we can be more like Him.

1 comment:

Muffy said...

You know what? I messed up too. Yet, I think that we ROCKED it because the Spirit was strong during our number and testified of Christ. That was the number one comment I received from people was that the Spirit was so strong. I'm so thrilled that we got to perform together again. Love ya! :D