04 August 2013

Medifast: Day 6

Note: I write these posts all day long, as I eat my meals. Keep that in mind. I started writing this post at 9:50am. Maybe I should put in section breaks. Hmm...I'll think about it.

Good morning! Tyson let me sleep in so I didn't even get out of bed until almost 8:30am. I decided last night that I was going to try some of the "recipes" you can make from the Medifast packets. Here's what I made today:

1) Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal as a waffle
2) Chicken and Wild Rice Soup - added chicken bouillon
3) Chicken and Noodle Soup as chips
4) Cinnamon Cereal
5)
Lean) In N Out Hamburger: Protein Style

Oatmeal as a waffle: YUMMY :) My coach told me that it takes longer to cook than a regular waffle but I guess I didn't wait long enough. The outside looked done but the inside was still the consistency of oatmeal. So it wasn't bad. Add in the sugar-free syrup I got to have and YUM! I was surprised. I'm kinda particular about my oatmeal. I don't do instant, only Old Fashioned Quaker Oats. I add sprinkles of cinnamon and nutmeg (it's like Christmas morning in a waffle) and I prefer homemade maple syrup or fruit syrup, like strawberry. But the Medifast way is good too. Really! Sorry. But I'm totally shocked when I like something the first time around. The food gets better the more my tastes change so I'm feeling very hopeful about the oatmeal/waffle scenario.

I found THIS recipe to try and make the chicken soup as chips. I didn't have parchment paper so I used aluminum foil instead. So I reduced the cook time from 10 minutes to 7 minutes. It wasn't quite done so I put it back in for 5 more minutes. Well the aluminum didn't really work out. The dough stuck to it so instead of chips I had small to large size crumbles haha They were good though! I need to get some parchment paper and then I'll try this one again.

For dinner I had a protein style hamburger from In N Out. I LOVE that place. Turns out, the whole smell is from the bread. They gave me my burger and as I drove home I couldn't even smell the food on the seat next to me. So weird! It didn't even taste weird. Tyson says he likes protein style better than regular. Although, he's not a fan of In N Out in the first place. Protein style is definitely messier but I still feel full after eating. I don't have that pressure against the upper part of my stomach though which is great! Maybe this whole "no bread" thing will help my acid reflux. Huzzah! 

I just finished eating my lean-and-green at 8:30pm. I still have two meals to go! Ugh. This is the hardest part about the Medifast program. I'm not supposed to miss meals but I am just not hungry. I don't want to get in trouble and I don't want my body to go into starvation mode so I know I need to eat all six meals in a day. That's what I get for sleeping in. I'm going to have to combine the last two somehow. Maybe do another waffle? And eggs? You'd like that each meal wouldn't feel me up so much seeing as how they're only about 100 calories a piece. But each one is glycemically (sp?) balanced and I'm getting all my protein and other nutrients. When I eat a 100 calorie meal, it's 100 calories that matter. Not 100 calories of sweets, or bread, or Wheat Thins, or Cheezits, or ice cream. My body is learning to utilize all the calories I intake since there are no fluff calories. It's great. Really. 

I'm interested to see what I've lost in this first week. I decided, for now, to weigh in on Monday mornings. I'm not going to share what I weigh, but I will share how much I've lost and how much I have until I reach my goal weight. Once I'm at my goal weight, then you can know how much I weigh right now.

No comments: